Supporting us

Despite the success of receiving an 80% grant from the EARDF, the company still needs to come forward with a certain amount of ‘matched funding’ to make up the remaining 20% - roughly £320,000. The company’s fifth share issue is proposed to generate funds for the development of Leek and there has been much interest from our existing shareholder base of over 2,500, many of whom are keen to support the Leek project. If you wish to become a new shareholder – or increase your current shareholding – please contact our main office to register for a share prospectus when this becomes available (enquiries@churnetvalleyrailway.co.uk or tel: 01538 750755).

In the meantime, a separate appeal is being run to generate funds now that will assist with the early stages of developments including necessary site inspections and surveys, appointment of solicitors and other professionals required for a project of this magnitude. Once these costs are covered the fundraising will be diverted to the purchase of materials, which will then give us the green light to start the physical work to Reconnect Leek once more.

The Churnet Valley Railway's supporting charity, the North Staffordshire Railway Company (1978) Ltd, will be handling a new donation appeal – meaning we can also claim Gift Aid for all donations. This makes every £1 donated worth £1.25 to us, through the Government returning the tax paid by the donor on the original earnings.

We are asking for monthly subscriptions, in order to make this manageable for yourselves but to also give us a predictable level of income that will allow us to project manage the Leek extension better. We are hopeful of being able to run trains into Leek as early as 2022 if all things come together, and so we ask that all donors wishing to commit to this new scheme subscribe for a minimum of 24 months.

There are three tiers of Membership, each with their own benefits and cater for the varying circumstances of our supporters. All funds generated will go directly into the Leek pot, and be used for each stage of the full project as required.

So please, consider supporting us and make this 40-year dream a reality. Be a link in Reconnecting Leek, and return trains to this Staffordshire Market Town for the first time since 1970.

Bronze

£5pm (£60/yr) or one-off payment £120

  • Advanced Opportunity to buy 1x ticket for one of the first trains to Leek
  • Invite to Reconnect Leek events
  • Opportunity to join the volunteer Permanent Way team building the extension
  • Reconnect e-newsletter subscription
  • Unlimited Free Travel for Donor on CVR standard services, up until completion of first full year of Leek services
  • Your name inscribed on a Roll of Honour at Leek Station

Silver

£10pm (£120/yr) or one-off payment £240

  • 1x Free ticket for one of the first trains to Leek
  • Invite to Reconnect Leek events
  • Opportunity to join the volunteer Permanent Way team building the extension
  • 1-Year subscription to Knotty Journal
  • Reconnect e-newsletter subscription
  • Unlimited Free Travel for Donor on CVR standard services, up until completion of first full year of Leek services
  • Your name inscribed on a Roll of Honour at Leek Station

Gold

£25pm (£300/yr) or one-off payment £600

  • 1x Free ticket for first service to Leek in dedicated coach
  • Invite to Reconnect Leek events
  • 1x 50% Discount Voucher for CVR Dining Train
  • Opportunity to join the volunteer Permanent Way team building the extension
  • 2-Year subscription to Knotty Journal
  • Reconnect e-newsletter subscription
  • Unlimited Free Travel for Donor on CVR standard services, up until completion of 2 full years of Leek services
  • Your name inscribed on a Roll of Honour at Leek Station

Going forwards ...

In the next few months the company will be carrying out a number of fund raising activities (the first of which is the February "Super Power Weekend"), centred on the operation of special trains on the CVR line, the Ipstones Branch and the new extension.

Please keep in touch with our website for further details.

↑ Return to top